The three jewels of the Ionian Sea – the islands of Paxos and Antipaxos, situated close to the southern coast of Corfu, and the famous blue Caves of Paxos – offer a glimpse into the hidden, rugged beauty of the islands and a chance to explore the picturesque village of Gaios.
COVID-19: The capacity of the boat has been reduced by 60% to ensure that social distancing can be maintained. We are continuously following the latest advice and recommendations from the Greek Government to ensure that our cruises and excursions are operated in a safe and clean environment.
Available languages per day
Tuesday: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Polish & Greek
Friday: English, French, German & Italian
No Greek holiday is complete without a sea cruise and this one will give you wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
The departing view of Corfu harbour provides a unique view of the old town and its two Venetian fortresses.
As we head south, the Kanoni peninsula and the Palace of Mon Repos – the birthplace of Prince Phillip – come into view.
Also visible are the tourist resorts of Perama, Benitses, the village of Kavos and Corfu’s southernmost point, the cape of Asprokavos. Approaching the channel between Corfu and Paxos, you are treated to a magnificent vista of the olive and cypress trees that cover the lush island of Paxos.
Legend has it that Paxos was formed when Poseidon severed the tip of Corfu with a mighty blow of his trident and dragged it south to create an idyllic retreat for his great love, Amphitrite.
Poseidon´s marble palace – as legend has it – was located in Ahai, one of the blue caves of Paxos.
As we sail away from Corfu, the natural bay of Lakka comes into view at the north side of Paxos, unspoiled by mass tourism, a traditional village suitable for those who seek tranquillity.
We continue sailing south along the west coast of Paxos island, enjoying the impressive rocky coastline and the unique white sandy beaches.
Next, the boat enters the breath-taking sea caves, whose clear blue waters will leave you speechless.
The blue caves marine area is a natural habitat of the Mediterranean monk seal (monachus monachus).
Paxos, Antipaxos and the surrounding area is included in the European initiative ΝΑΤURΑ 2000, a network of nature protection areas.
After exiting the caves, we arrive at the small but perfectly formed island of Antipaxos, whose sandy blue-water coves have been compared to those in the Caribbean. Here, you will have the opportunity to swim in the crystal waters of “Paradise beach” (Voutoumi).
Our excursion returns once again to Paxos from the east side of the island and we can see the small islands of Skaltsonisi and Mongonisi.
Sailing alongside the narrow channel of Paxos and the islands of Panagia and Agios Nikolaos.
We moor in the centre of the picturesque port of Gaios village.
Where you will have the opportunity to wander through the wonderful narrow streets, visit the souvenirs shops and enjoy lunch at one of the traditional tavernas.
Throughout your trip, you are free to enjoy the sun and purchase refreshments from the bar.
This is an unforgettable experience of the Ionian Sea and we look forward to sharing it with you aboard one of our ships.
- Coach transfer to and from the hotel and the Port of Corfu
- Full day multilingual professional guiding on board
- Admire the scenery of the Old Town of Corfu (city sightseeing by boat)
- Enter in two of the breathtaking Blue Caves of Paxos (Caves Ipapanti and Ahai)
- Admire the stunning white cliffs of Erimitis
- See Ortolithos island and the natural wonder of Tripitos (Kamara)
- Swim and snorkel in the exotic turquoise waters of Paradise beach in Antipaxos Island (Voutumi beach)
- Stroll around for shopping in the picturesque village of Gaios and swim at the nearby beach
- Enjoy your lunch at the sea view restaurants of the village
- Be prepared to take pictures! Dolphins might occur!
- 08:45 Departure from the main Port of Corfu
- 11:30 The ship enters inside the breathtaking cave of Ipapanti
- 12:00 Entrance into the cave Ahai
- 12:40 Arrival at Antipaxos Island. Mooring near the Paradise Beach (Vutumi) for swimming
- 13:40 Departure from Antipaxos
- 14:10 Arrival at the port of Gaios
- 16:30 Departure from the port of Gaios
- 19.00 Arrival at the main Port of Corfu
Important Info Included in the price
Full day multilingual professional guiding on board (more than two languages).
not included in the price
Coach transfer to and from the hotel and the Port of Corfu (optional)
Items purchased from the on-board bar
Camera (or video camera), waterproof camera, swimming suit, mask, towel, glasses, hat, comfortable shoes or sandals, high-factor sunscreen (recommended).
- Our company provides coach transfers to and from the hotel and the main Port of Corfu.
- The duration of coach transfer depends on your hotel location (from 20 to 120 minutes, approximately).
- Please be at the meeting point at least 5 minutes in advance and look for the bus with an Ionian Cruises sign.
- The Ionian Cruises Customer Service phone number is available for the morning coach transfer (+30 6973342026).
- Departure from the port at 08:45. Boarding from 08:15 until 08:35.
- Please be at the port at least 20 minutes before the scheduled boat departure time if you have not booked a pick-up and coach transfer.
- There is a parking area in the Port of Corfu. (3 euros for 24 hours).
- Onboard facilities: 2 open decks with viewing-seating areas, air-conditioned main hall, TV, DVD, stereo music, self-service bar, toilets, showers, cabins and changing areas.
- The bar offers a variety of coffees, alcoholic beverages, refreshments, juices, toasts, sandwiches, pizzas, croissants and several other snacks.
- The boat stops inside the caves, where you will have the opportunity to take photographs.
- Free time for swimming in Antipaxos (50 to 70 minutes depending on the weather).
- The boat enters the narrow channel of Paxos and the islands of Panagia and Agios Nikolaos and moors 50 meters away from the main square of Gaios (110 to 130 minutes free time).
- Five minutes’ walk from the south side of the village is the small beach of Gaios.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not suitable for those with mobility issues.
- The departure time is subject to slight change according to local traffic conditions.
- The cruise schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions.