The Parga and Sivota Islands Cruise is the best way to experience the beautiful coast of Mainland Greece.
COVID-19: The free BBQ has been temporarily suspended. The capacity of the boat has been reduced by 60% so that social distancing can be maintained. We are continuously following the latest advice and recommendations from the government to ensure that our cruises are operated in a safe and clean environment.
Thursday: English, French, German, Italian, Russian & Greek
A wonderful and relaxing way to explore the areas of Parga and Sivota.
First, our departure from the Port of Corfu gives a unique view of the Old Town, it’s two overlooking Venetian fortresses, the Kanoni peninsula and the palace of Mon Repos, where Prince Phillip was born.
Heading south, parallel to the mainland, we pass the capital city of the Thesprotia region, Igoumenitsa, the small fishing village of Plataria and the Sivota Islands, where the ship enters the breathtaking cave of Sivota. During the Second World War, the Greek submarine “Papanikolis” was hidden here beneath the lighthouse. We sail around the historical small islands of Sivota, where the great naval battle between the Corfiots and the Corinthians took place in the summer of 432 B.C. Many of the vessels sunk in the fighting are still there at the bottom of the sea. Soon afterwards, we arrive at the picturesque Blue Lagoon bay, where historians say the Arabian pirates moored their ships in the Middle Ages.
We drop anchor close to the beach, and you will have the opportunity to swim in the lagoon’s exotic blue waters. Parga is a large picturesque village with island architecture blessed, with a rich eventful history, rare physical beauty, interlaced beaches, emerald water, calm bays, olive groves, a healthy climate, romantic side streets, and pathways whose two and three-storey houses form an amphitheatre beneath the imposing remains of a Venetian castle. One of Parga’s main attractions, this castle was built by residents in the 11th century to protect their town from both the pirates and the Turks. Parts of the castle were demolished by the Ottomans in 1452. The Venetians started to rebuild it but before the work could be completed it was demolished again in 1537 by the Ottoman admiral Barbarossa, who razed the fortress and the houses inside. For the third and last time, a stronger, impregnable castle was finally rebuilt in 1819. Opposite the castle, at the entrance to the port, there is a small island dedicated to the Virgin Mary, with a church and several medieval Venetian and French buildings. Every summer, on 15th of August, the port hosts the famous Varkarola – a magnificent celebration dedicated to the Pargians who returned to Parga from Corfu. Do not miss the chance to explore the Venetian castle, whose main building houses a photo exhibition of ancient Parga. As you might expect, the castle also offers some stunning views over Parga and the Ionian Sea.
As the afternoon comes around, you will have the chance to stroll through the wonderful narrow streets, discover the many interesting curios shops, have a drink at one of the traditional seafront tavernas, or enjoy swimming to one of the three beaches of Parga. About 15 kilometres from Parga is antiquity’s most important oracle, the Oracle of Acheron. The ancient Greeks believed that the springs of Acheron were the gates to the Underworld. During your trip, you can enjoy the sun and help yourself to refreshments, which may be purchased from the bar.
We look forward to meeting you onboard one of our ships.
- Coach transfer to and from the hotel and the Port of Corfu
- Full day multilingual professional guiding on board
- Admire the scenery of the Old Town of Corfu (city sightseeing by boat)
- Enter the breathtaking cave of Sivota.
- Visit Parga, the “cosmopolitan princess” of Epirus
- Explore the Venetian castle and the narrow streets of Parga
- Sail in the narrow channels of the Sivota islands
- Swim and snorkel in the exotic turquoise waters of Blue Lagoon.
- Enjoy an on-board barbeque lunch.
- Feast your eyes on the amazing landscapes of the Corfiot and the Mainland Greece coastline.
- Be prepared to take pictures! Dolphins might occur!
- 08:45 Departure from the main Port of Corfu
- 10:40 Ship enters the breathtaking cave of Sivota
- 11:40 Arrival at the picturesque Blue Lagoon bay
- 12:50 Departure from Blue Lagoon bay
- 14:00 Arrival at Parga
- 16:15 Departure from Parga
- 19.00 Arrival at the main Port of Corfu
Important Info Included in the price
Full-day professional guiding on board (more than two languages).
On-board barbecue lunch (souvlaki, salad and tzatziki).
Not included in the price
Coach transfer to and from the hotel and the Port of Corfu (optional).
Items purchased from the on-board bar.
Camera (or video camera), waterproof camera, swimming suit, mask, towel, glasses, hat, comfortable shoes or sandals, a small bottle of water for the walking tour to the Venetian castle, high-factor sunscreen (recommended).
- Our company provides coach transfers to and from the hotel and the main Port of Corfu.
- The duration of coach transfer depends on your hotel location (from 20 to 120 minutes, approximately).
- Please be at the meeting point at least 5 minutes in advance and look for the bus with an Ionian Cruises sign.
- The Ionian Cruises Customer Service phone number is available for the morning coach transfer (+30 6973342026).
- Departure from the port at 08:45. Boarding from 08:15 until 08:35.
- Please be at the port at least 20 minutes before the scheduled boat departure time if you have not booked a pick-up and coach transfer.
- There is a parking area in the Port of Corfu. (3 euros for 24 hours).
- On-board facilities: 2 open decks with seated viewing areas, air-conditioned main hall, TV, DVD player, music system, self-service bar, toilets, showers, cabins and changing areas.
- The bar offers a variety of coffees, alcoholic beverages, refreshments, juices, toasts, sandwiches, pizzas, croissants and several other snacks.
- The boat stops inside the cave, where you will have the opportunity to take photographs.
- Free time to explore Parga (2 – 2.5 hours). The beaches are a five-minute walk from the city.
- The boat will drop anchor close to the beach at the Blue Lagoon for 50 – 90 minutes (depending on the weather).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not suitable for those with mobility issues.
- The departure time is subject to slight change according to local traffic conditions.
- The cruise schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions